40 years of experience with silicone...
…definitely gives us an edge. Silicone molding and manufacture is a specialist area of Romar’s, and we are very, very good at it.
We understand how to manufacture a silicone product. We know how long to heat it for and how long to cool it for. We know how long to post-cure and how to make it stiffer or easier to stretch. We can pinpoint any material issues you have and we know how to achieve the outcome you need.
Our expertise in silicone manufacturing and our years of experience means we’ll get to the solution you need quicker than anyone else in the business.
World Class Silicone Quality
People come to us from all around the world because of the quality of our silicone moldings. The expertise within the Romar team is significant. There’s no problem we haven’t encountered and found a solution for.
Unlike plastic or solid metal, silicone changes shape. Other manufacturers tend to overspecify dimensionally without really understanding the nature of the product.
The tensile modulus and tensile strength are key. We modify the cure chemistry (cross-link chemistry) and the physical materials within to meet the required accuracy and surface finish.
Silicone rubber is extremely resistant to high and low temperatures
(-50 °C to +250 °C; specialty grades: -110 °C to +300 °C) with only slight
changes in physical properties between -50 °C and +180 °C.
Other typical properties include its resistance to chemicals and environmental influences, its lack of odor and taste (many grades conform to FDA regulations), its water-repellent surface, and its high transparency and good processability.
Many other properties can be modified with additives.
Silicone at a Glance
- Outstanding low-temperature flexibility and high-temperature resistance
- Excellent compression set
- High resistance to chemicals and to environmental influences
- Water-repellent surface
- High transparency, can be pigmented as desired
- Good mechanical properties
- Good flame resistance, non-toxic combustion products in the case of fire
- Odorless and tasteless
- Can be easily processed
- Can be adjusted electrically from insulating to semiconducting
- High radiation resistance
Romar’s silicone manufacture includes:
- Silicone rings
- Silicone mold, silicone mold making, and custom silicone moulds
- Silicone o’rings
- Medical grade silicone
- Silicone sheets
- High temp silicone / heat resistant silicon
- Silicone wafer manufacturing
- Food grade silicone
- Industrial grade silicone
If you’re ready to collaborate with a team of experts who understand the precise requirements of silicone manufacturing, let Romar provide you with an innovative, end-to-end silicone design and manufacturing solution.
Contact Romar today.